Want to add your unique talents to our uniquely talented team?
Rockport is always looking for the best and brightest. We foster a collegiate, collaborative environment where the best ideas rise to the top, with a focus on career growth. We know how to have fun too. Rockport employees enjoy company outings, a league basketball team and often spend time outside of work together.
Quality Assurance Lead
Rockport, a leading SaaS technology provider supporting the commercial real estate sector, is seeking an experienced QA Lead who can play a supporting role to the Director of QA in implementing, leading and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. The role requires hands-on QA expertise, ability to take initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes. The right candidate will be able to analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years' experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Experience coordinating with external QA resources
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found using JIRA
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others
- Evolve formal QA processes with the guidance of the Director of QA, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee aspects of quality assurance in a dedicated area including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact in a dedicated area for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
- Partner with engineering teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Respond to all requests from team members in a timely professional manner.
- Competitive compensation package
- Top of the Line Laptop and Unlimited Monitors
- Watson Automatic Sit-Stand Desks
- Comfy Steelcase chairs
- Free Snacks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.